Mission Effectiveness Standards
As a member of the Cristo Rey Network, a school:
- Is explicitly Catholic in mission and enjoys Church approval.
- Serves only economically disadvantaged students. The school is open to students of various faiths and cultures.
- Is family centered and plays an active role in the local community.
- Shall prepare all of its students to enter and graduate from college.
- Requires participation by all students in the work-study program. All students must be 14 years by September 1st.
- Integrates the learning present in its work program, classroom and extracurricular experiences for the fullest benefit of its student workers.
- Has an effective administrative and board structure as well as complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Is financially sound and at full enrollment the school is primarily dependent on revenue from the work-study program to meet operating expenses. In addition, the school maintains a comprehensive advancement program to ensure financial stability.
- Supports its graduates’ efforts to obtain a college degree.
- Is an active participant in the collaboration, support, and development of the Cristo Rey Network.