The Cristo Rey Network® is the only network of high schools in the country that integrate four years of rigorous college preparatory academics with four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program. Comprised of 32 Catholic, college preparatory schools that today serve 11,521 students across 21 states and DC and collectively claim 13,366 graduates, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a powerful and innovative approach to inner-city education that equips students from economically-disadvantaged families with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives.
While Cristo Rey® schools are locally owned and operated, the Cristo Rey Network national office protects the integrity of the movement and advances school excellence and innovation by
|"We are a whole network of |
people who educate together,
learn together, strategize together, break bread together, support together, and pray together."
- Marsha, Teacher
Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit
Mission Effectiveness Standards
The Cristo Rey Network protects the integrity of the Cristo Rey model as defined by the Mission Effectiveness Standards, which articulate the common identity of member schools. To ensure mutual accountability, promote innovation and improvement, and foster collaboration, all schools participate in regular Mission Effectiveness Reviews that assess school performance against each standard.
A Cristo Rey Network school:
- Is explicitly Catholic in mission and enjoys Church approval.
- Serves only students with limited economic resources and is open to students of various faiths and cultures.
- Is family centered and plays an active role in the local community.
- Prepares all of students to enter and graduate from college.
- Requires participation by all students in the Corporate Work Study Program.
- Integrates the learning present in its work program, classroom, and extracurricular experiences for the fullest benefit of its students.
- Has effective administrative and board structures, and complies with applicable state and federal laws.
- Is financially sound.
- Supports its graduates' efforts to obtain a college degree and enter post-college life as productive, faith-filled individuals.
- Is an active participant of the Cristo Rey Network.