The Cristo Rey Network® is the only network of high schools in the country that integrate four years of rigorous college preparatory academics with four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program. Comprised of 32 Catholic, college preparatory schools that today serve more than 10,700 students across 21 states and DC and collectively claim 11,500 graduates, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a powerful and innovative approach to inner-city education that equips students from economically-disadvantaged families with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives.
While Cristo Rey® schools are locally owned and operated, the Cristo Rey Network national office protects the integrity of the movement and advances school excellence and innovation by
|"We are a whole network of |
people who educate together,
learn together, strategize together, break bread together, support together, and pray together."
- Marsha, Teacher
Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit
Mission Effectiveness Standards
The Cristo Rey Network protects the integrity of the Cristo Rey model as defined by the Mission Effectiveness Standards, which articulate the common identity of member schools. To ensure mutual accountability, promote innovation and improvement, and foster collaboration, all schools participate in regular Mission Effectiveness Reviews that assess school performance against each standard.
A Cristo Rey Network school:
- Is explicitly Catholic in mission and enjoys Church approval.
- Serves only economically disadvantaged students. The school is open to students of various faiths and cultures.
- Is family centered and plays an active role in the local community.
- Shall prepare all of its students to enter and graduate from college.
- Requires participation by all students in the work-study program. All students must be 14 years by September 1st.
- Integrates the learning present in its work program, classroom, and extracurricular experiences for the fullest benefit of its student workers.
- Has an effective administrative and board structure as well as complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Is financially sound and at full enrollment the school is primarily dependent on revenue from the work-study program to meet operating expenses. In addition, the school maintains a comprehensive advancement program to ensure financial stability.
- Supports its graduates' efforts to obtain a college degree.
- Is an active participant in the collaboration, support, and development of the Cristo Rey Network.