Alumni Relations Manager
About the Cristo Rey Network®
The Cristo Rey Network is the only network of high schools in the country that integrates four years of rigorous college preparatory academics with four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program. Composed of 39 Catholic, college preparatory schools that today serve 12,500 students across the country and collectively claims over 25,000 graduates, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a powerful and innovative approach to education that equips students from families of limited economic means with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives.
About the Cristo Rey Network National Alumni Association
Established in 2019, the Cristo Rey Network created an association to foster professional growth of our alumni as they embark on and navigate their careers. Through several Alumni Partnerships and Programs, the National Alumni Association offers alumni the platform to advance their career pathways through a database of upcoming job and internship opportunities, professional development programs, exclusive webinars and events hosted by renown organizations, one-on-one mentorship opportunities, and the ability to connect outside of local high school alumni associations. Learn more.
Who We Are:
- Values-Driven: We educate the whole student: academically, spiritually, and socio-emotionally.
- Growth Opportunities: We prioritize our faculty and staff’s learning and growth.
- Invested Students and Engaged Families: Our students’ families seek out our schools.
- National Community: Our faculty and staff are a proud part of a national movement.
The Alumni Relations Manager will be working collaboratively across several subject matter teams, including our College Initiatives team, Corporate Work Study team and Cristo Rey school Alumni Advisors, to create an impactful experience for our alumni to help build their careers, strengthen their networking nationwide, explore new job and internship opportunities, and offer programs and training for continued learning.
- Compile content and create dedicated emails
- Segment lists for specific email initiatives and outreach
- Create email flow for alumni onboarding
Alumni Engagement and Marketing
- Create value-driven campaigns that attract alumni to sign up on alumni portal website
- Maintain social media presence
- Implement national Senior Activation program to register upcoming graduating classes
Writing and Editing
Alumni Publications (Quarterly Magazine + 40 Under 40)
- Conduct interviews, create copy, and compile quality photos for publication(s)
- Execute communications plan for each quarterly publication
- Write monthly blog posts about alumni association updates, alumni spotlights and success stories
- Maintain alumni opportunities and update Alumni Partner pages
- Edit and organize job and internship descriptions
- Conduct application process, selection and onboarding
- Engage regularly through virtual meetings
- Organize and implement action items
- Maintain high engagement from committee members through dedicated opportunities and professional development
- Be the liaison between the National Leadership Council and the Cristo Rey Network
- Create and conduct all communications for virtual networking events, webinars and continued learning opportunities
- Help College Initiatives team organize and facilitate virtual Same School Social initiatives
- Facilitate and organize 1-2 in-person events each year
Data and Reporting
- Manage and analyze email metrics, alumni registration rates, and social media engagement metrics to inform future communications and practices
- Work alongside national office cohort leaders to provide national cohort opportunities such as panel discussions, open houses, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in communications; working at or with a nonprofit and/or with a previous focus on alumni growth and relations is preferred but not required
- Deep knowledge of branding, email communications, social media and copywriting
- A key eye for design and ability to adapt to new communication platforms
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word required; experience with G-Suite is preferred
- Experience with email marketing software and tools such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, Sendgrid, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization
- A commitment to ensuring deserving young men and women receive a Cristo Rey education that enables them to fulfill their aspirations for a lifetime of success
- Alignment with the Cristo Rey mission and the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement.
This position is based in the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago, IL.