Director of Communications + Alumni Relations
About the Cristo Rey Network®
The Cristo Rey Network is the only network of high schools in the country that integrates four years of rigorous college preparatory academics with four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program. Composed of 39 Catholic, college preparatory schools that today serve 12,500 students across the country and collectively claims over 25,000 graduates, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a powerful and innovative approach to education that equips students from families of limited economic means with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives.
Who We Are:
- Values-Driven: We educate the whole student: academically, spiritually, and socio-emotionally.
- Growth Opportunities: We prioritize our faculty and staff’s learning and growth.
- Invested Students and Engaged Families: Our students’ families seek out our schools.
- National Community: Our faculty and staff are a proud part of a national movement.
The Cristo Rey Network seeks a Director of Communications and Alumni Relations to be a strategic, collaborative partner on the national office Advancement Team. This cross-functional role will manage the national office’s strategic commitments to broaden the movement’s national visibility, deepen engagement of internal and external stakeholders, and ensure the continued development of the Network’s National Alumni Association.
Candidates must desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be successful in balancing multiple job tasks simultaneously.
- Strategically develop, organize, and implement a branding and communications plan to advance strategic objectives of the Cristo Rey Network
- Manage copywriting, SEO optimization, and ongoing updates to internal and external websites
- Lead creative development of national office print and digital communications materials; support content development and production of resources requested by national office team, not limited to direct mail, video production, event promotion, and storytelling
- Create and implement a series of targeted, focused public relations initiatives and media relation efforts to expand the awareness of the Cristo Rey Network
- Manage the national office’s social media platforms
- Write, design, and publish the national office’s weekly internal e-newsletter and monthly external e-newsletter; maintain and refresh all email contact lists
- Identify, secure, and manage speaking engagements and other related activity for the President and CEO, and other subject matter experts
- Manage the network-wide implementation of and fidelity to the Communications Style Guide and disseminate updates with current and future Network schools
- Mobilize and lead collaboration among network-wide communications cohort, comprised of colleagues from every Cristo Rey Network school
- Manage and analyze metrics across all platforms to inform future communications and practices
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer or President and CEO.
Alumni Relations Responsibilities
- Strategically identify and advance opportunities to ensure optimal impact of the National Alumni Association
- Foster engagement between alumni, Alumni Partners, Corporate Partners, and the Network through visionary development of the association
- Develop email communications
- Maintain social media presence
- Implement national Senior Activation program to register graduating high school classes
- Produce annual 40 Under 40 publication
- Oversee National Leadership Council, currently comprised of four committees
- Organize and host in-person and virtual networking events
- Manage alumni platform, cristoreyalumni.org, and expand alumni access to workforce development and job placement opportunities across Corporate and Alumni Partners
- Track alumni registration rates and social media engagement
- Work alongside national office colleagues to offer alumni engagement opportunities locally and nationally (ex. panel discussions, open houses, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of communications experience
- Strong computer and design skills (e.g. Canva, Google Workspace, CMS), comfortable with online applications
- Meticulous attention to detail and solutions oriented
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurately manner
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the Catholic mission of the Cristo Rey Network
This position is based in the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago, IL.