A Communication to Cristo Rey Network Friends and Family | August 2022
As incoming college freshmen move onto their campuses, we'd like to share a few college highlights for the Cristo Rey Network's Class of 2022.
- Class of 2022 seniors submitted an average of 11 college applications per student; this translates into increased acceptances and well-matched options for students.
- Students earned an average of 7 acceptances each. Nearly 3/4 of students from the class of 2022 were accepted to three or more four-year colleges, increasing students' high-quality college options. See the full listing of institutions to which students were accepted.
- 48% of seniors were accepted to at least one of our 70 University Partners. (71% of Cristo Rey alums are persisting or completing at University Partner institutions!)
- Three Cristo Rey schools celebrated their first graduating classes: Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (Oakland), Cristo Rey Oklahoma City Catholic High School, and Cristo Rey Fort Worth College Prep!
Class of 2022 seniors had the unsought distinction of being part of the nation's first high school graduating class to have spent two years navigating the many changing learning modes and social distancing plans in response to the pandemic. Their persistence and accomplishments demonstrate considerable grit and the strength of the loving support they experienced at their schools.
These young people's options expanded the day they enrolled as freshmen at their Cristo Rey schools. Their current and future possibilities have been bolstered by the many adults who accompanied them over four years. We thank each of you for your continued engagement and generosity, as you help to propel Cristo Rey students and alumni into a lifetime of success.
Viva Cristo Rey!
President and CEO
More than a Text | How Relationship Building via Gradforce helps Alumni Excel
Cristo Rey schools' Alumni Advisors dedicate countless hours to communicating with graduates to help them accomplish their postsecondary goals. Since 2020, 62,000 texts and 69,000 emails have been sent through Gradforce, our alumni tracking and support portal built on the Salesforce platform.
With profound gratitude, we recognize our partnerships with the Crimsonbridge Foundation and the Wilson Sheehan Foundation, both of which have driven Gradforce and our robust College Initiatives programming forward.
Cristo Rey Miami High School Opens its Doors!
Cristo Rey Miami High School welcomed its founding class on August 22, 2022, a testament to heroic and tireless leadership of the founding board and co-chairs Rudy Cecchi and Rodger Shay, as well as the founding leadership team and partnering organizations.
"This remarkable community of leaders persisted through significant pandemic related challenges and were unyielding in their demand that the opportunity of Cristo Rey be available to the under-served families of North Miami and Miami."
- Conor Heaton, VP of Growth & Associate General Counsel, Cristo Rey Network
Cristo Rey Network featured in St. Anthony Messenger | August Edition
"As Cristo Rey shows, a thriving school system produces thriving students."
In this six-page spread titled, "Smart Schooling", St. Anthony Messenger calls on school leaders from Cristo Rey Jesuit High School (Chicago), Cristo Rey New York High School, De La Salle North Catholic High School (Portland), and CRN President & CEO Elizabeth Goettl to explain the history of our work, the impact of our shared mission, and how we collectively continue to lead the mission forward.
The Voices Igniting Future Alumni Engagement
The Cristo Rey Network National Alumni Association recognizes that alumni voices, stories, and contributions deserve a larger stage. We are pleased to announce the newly appointed National Leadership Council members, who will help mobilize our efforts to connect Cristo Rey alumni and advocates from coast to coast.
The council is comprised of 26 alumni from 14 schools and 12 graduating classes who aim to represent the interest of the Cristo Rey alumni community through four committees: Networking & Community, Cultural Affairs, Student Success, and Workforce Development & Job Acquisition.
CRISTO REY NETWORK
11 East Adams Street, Suite 800 | Chicago, IL 60603
P: (312) 784-7200