"May our hope be so outrageously bold that we are afraid people will laugh at us if they knew what we hoped for!”
- Chair Emeritus John P. Foley, S.J.
For the last 27 years our dreams and vision for this movement have grown and become even more audacious. Here are just a few examples of our expansion of the dream of a quality Cristo Rey education for students across the country this past year:
- Cristo Rey Miami opened as the 38th member school in the Cristo Rey Network.
- We celebrated inaugural graduations at Cristo Rey Richmond and Cristo Rey St. Viator Las Vegas.
- Cristo Rey alumni experienced record college persistence and completion rates across our 75+ University Partners that enroll an increasing percentage of our graduates.
- Students earned $58 million across 3,251 Corporate and Nonprofit Partners towards their own education.
- Our Corporate Work Study teams continue to climb back from pandemic conditions and are leading the way in meeting the workforce needs of today and the future.
These remarkable milestones serve as confirmation that the Cristo Rey mission is full of hope, translating into real impact amplified by the generosity of our partners.
As we look to the future, we are encouraged by the impression our alumni are making on the world. Their stories along with the stories of current and future students of Cristo Rey inspire us to increase our impact. We are convinced that the Cristo Rey model of education and spirit of innovation will continue to cause people to laugh at our audacity and admire our results.
On behalf of our 12,300 students, 28,000+ graduates, and 39 local school teams, thank you for your belief in and support of this amazing Catholic mission. Together, we will continue to hope in outrageously bold ways.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Kelby G. Woodard
President and CEO
Jane E. Genster