Manager of Leading & Learning
The Cristo Rey Network is the largest network of high schools in the country enrolling only low-income youth. Comprised of 38 Catholic, college preparatory schools serving more than 12,300 students across 24 states, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a distinctive approach to inner-city education to equip students with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives. From freshman year, Cristo Rey schools establish a culture of high expectations by blending rigorous academics, four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program, Catholic educational values, and support for students to and through college. The impact is clear: Cristo Rey graduates enroll and graduate from college at twice the rate of their low-income high school graduates.
The Cristo Rey Network seeks a Manager of Leading & Learning who will be a part of our national Leading & Learning Team. The Manager of Leading & Learning is responsible for working collaboratively with the team and cross-functionally with national office staff and our national network of schools to ensure programming is delivered with excellence. This individual will report directly to the Chief Academic Officer and will be accountable for ensuring exceptional work product is delivered for academic leaders across all Cristo Rey schools. This position is based at the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago, IL.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate efforts of Leading & Learning Team
- Manage team meeting agendas, and establish and maintain systems for tracking deliverables of key initiatives
- Support team in assessing and tracking school implementation of key initiatives (e.g. math and literacy instructional initiatives), identifying support plans for schools with need
- Assemble and organize, edit and select resources from CRN schools for use in professional development, including videos of classroom instruction, coaching conversations, and data analysis meetings
- Assemble model instructional annual plans, unit plans, and lesson plans
- Secure teacher recruitment and retention resources from schools; review and organize the materials
- Ensure program deliverables are executed with excellence
- Create and manage project timelines
- Conduct research on best-in-class resources as requested
- Collaborate with national staff to ensure Leading and Learning Team materials include most recent data and information
- Update and refine the Leading and Learning Team Portal which contains guidance and resources for school leaders
- Communicate with school leaders
- Write communication drafts on behalf of the national LLT for internal distribution
- Assist schools in resolving questions with program resources, assessments, and information location on our resource library
- Monitor and regularly engage participants in Workplace, our discussion and resource-sharing platform
Come to Serve
- Every member of the Network national office team exists to serve the staff and students at our schools consistent with the mission of the Cristo Rey Network. The Manager of Leading & Learning is responsible for displaying and modeling best-in-class service.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Alignment with the Cristo Rey mission
- 5+-years classroom teaching experience
- Academic leadership experience (e.g. department chair, dean) a plus
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and competency in analyzing & summarizing data
- Strong PowerPoint or Google Slide skills
- Proficiency with Google office products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to travel to Cristo Rey Network schools and Cristo Rey Network meetings approximately 10% of the time
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are expected to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.
To apply, please click this link to upload your resume and cover letter through Indeed.
- Cristo Rey Net
- Cristo Rey Network News
- Cristo Rey School News
- Homepage Profile News