Become a University Partner
77% of Cristo Rey alumni enrolled at a University Partner institution are on track to graduate.
A decade ago, the Cristo Rey Network pioneered the development of partnerships with colleges and universities that recognize the value of a Cristo Rey education and the promise and ambition of our graduates. The program has been an important element of our graduates’ post-secondary success, providing a platform for collaboration between select colleges and universities and Cristo Rey schools and students. University Partners demonstrate an informed appreciation of the promise and potential of Cristo Rey graduates and a commitment to recruiting, supporting, and graduating economically-disadvantaged students, many of whom are first generation college students and/or students of color. As we seek to better ensure our graduates’ readiness for and persistence in their post-secondary education, we are undertaking a strategic strengthening of Network-wide partnerships with the higher-education community, including an effort to better articulate a shared understanding of the reciprocal roles and responsibilities of the Cristo Rey Network and our University Partners.
University Partner Benefits
The benefits of partnership with the Cristo Rey Network to colleges and universities include not only access to a national pipeline of diverse, motivated, and well-prepared students but also robust opportunities for collaboration and resource sharing; access to student/counselor focus groups for program review, analysis and design; and professional development through our annual Summit on College Success with peer-institutions and counselors who privilege recruiting, welcoming, supporting, and graduating lower-income and first generation students.
University Partner Requirements
University Partners offer the following assistance and supports to our students and the Cristo Rey Network:
- intentional programmatic and financial support for our graduates and active collaboration with the Network’s national staff and University Partners
- prioritization of Cristo Rey schools as part of their recruitment efforts and strategy
- dedicated staff and support systems that facilitate the successful integration, retention, and graduation of minority, low-income and/or first generation students at rates comparable to overall institutional graduation rate
- competitive financial aid support for Cristo Rey students, preferably meeting the full demonstrated need of each admitted student
- attendance and participation in the Cristo Rey Network’s annual Summit on College Success and are encouraged to support the Network and its mission through annual dues.
Cristo Rey graduates have completed degrees at highly-selective colleges and universities, including Amherst, Boston College, Brown, Case Western Reserve University, Duke, Georgetown, Holy Cross, Middlebury, Villanova, Wesleyan, and Yale.
- Layout Element