The Cristo Rey Network is expanding its team! All applicants will send resumes and cover letters to Bobbi Hannigan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information and instructions below.
Human Resources Manager
The Cristo Rey Network seeks a Human Resources Manager who will lead the human resources function for our national office (25-30 employees). The HR Manager will also be responsible for supporting the ongoing professional development for two groups of Cristo Rey school employees across the country - (1) Directors of HR and (2) Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) leaders. This individual will report to the Cristo Rey national office CFO.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the human resources function for our national office.
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, insurance, vacation, and other personnel packages.
- Lead all employee recruitment and onboarding efforts.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
- Manage and refine the employee performance review process.
- Organize and deliver employee trainings including DEI programming, Lunch and Learns on various topics of interest and legally mandated programs (i.e. Sexual Harassment).
- Ensure the success of our 38 Cristo Rey school HR professionals
- Develop and oversee a relevant professional development program
- Provide customized support to school leaders in development of strong HR policies and procedures
- Facilitate collaboration among school leaders and schools to scale effective practices
- Develop, refine and implement best-in-class HR policies and procedures at our schools - (1) performance review processes, (2) faculty and staff compensation structures including recommendations for incentive based compensation, (3) recruitment and hiring processes and (4) other topics as appropriate.
- Support school efforts to develop and attain Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) goals across their school - faculty, staff and students.
- Develop and oversee a relevant professional development program with external subject matter experts.
- Facilitate collaboration among school leaders and schools to scale effective DEI practices
- Coordinate national office support for recruitment and onboarding of leadership team members including president, principal and Corporate Work Study Director
- Come to Serve
- Every member of the Network national office team exists to serve the staff and students at our schools consistent with the
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of experience in an HR role
- A commitment to ensuring deserving young men and women receive a Cristo Rey education that enables them to fulfill their aspirations for a lifetime of success
- Alignment with the Cristo Rey mission and the national office's diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural competency commitment statement.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management skills, including a previous track record of leading others to be successful
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing enterpreneurial organization
This position is based at the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago.
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.