We're hiring! Join our team in 2022.
About the job
Position: Advancement Manager
Reports to: Associate Director of Advancement
Start Date: March 1, 2022
The Cristo Rey Network national office Advancement Manager works with the Associate Director of Advancement and with the Advancement Team to achieve Network-wide philanthropic goals to advance the national office’s strategic priorities. The Advancement Manager ensures the excellence and vitality of the Cristo Rey movement through the administration and management of the Cristo Rey Network national office college scholarship programs, strategic school grants, gift processing, database management, and direct mail appeals.
Candidates must be team-oriented, able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and successfully manage multiple job tasks simultaneously.
Administer Cristo Rey Network college scholarship programs and strategic school grants.
- Launch of college scholarship application cycle communications, including hosting informational webinars related to scholarships for internal audiences.
- Organize application review materials and meetings with national office review committees.
- Administer award letters to scholarship recipients and work with Cristo Rey Network finance team to issue scholarship payments on a biannual basis in accordance with award and renewal process.
- Manage and administer the college scholarship renewal process on a biannual basis in collaboration with donor, scholarship recipients, alumni advisors, and University Partners to submit enrollment verification and renew individual scholarships.
- Manage and track scholarship recipient postsecondary progress according to donor defined reporting and funding requirements.
- Launch of school grant application cycle communications, including hosting informational webinars related to school grants for internal audiences.
- Organize application review materials and meetings with national office application review committees.
- Administer grant agreements to school recipients and initiate grant fund transfers in partnership with CRN Finance team.
- Administer grant reports to school grant recipients in accordance with grant period and donor report timelines.
- Manage documentation of school grant related materials and tracking of grant recipient and award information in Airtable.
Manage and execute Cristo Rey Network national office gift processing
- Lead and manage gift entry process for all philanthropic revenue received in the DonorPerfect database.
- Lead and execute gift acknowledgement and tax receipt issuance process for all gifts received by the Cristo Rey Network national office, including pass through funds to member schools.
- On a monthly basis in collaboration with the Finance team, reconcile revenue received in QuickBooks with DonorPerfect gift records.
Manage and keep current the Cristo Rey Network donor database, DonorPerfect, and generate reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to demonstrate progress towards national office fundraising goals.
Conduct regular research using national office resources to identify philanthropic partner prospects whose funding interests and goals align with the mission, programming, and strategic plan of the Cristo Rey Network national office and its member schools.
In partnership with the Associate Director of Advancement, generate mailing lists and administer direct mail appeals to secure revenue for the Cristo Rey Network national office.
- Support Cristo Rey Network member schools through:
- Facilitation of pass-through grants in partnership with donors and Finance team.
- Support the planning, organization, and facilitation of collaborative monthly Advancement cohort calls with member school Advancement team members.
- Meetings, phone calls, and other communications on an as needed basis.
Perform other tasks as assigned by Associate Director of Advancement, Chief Advancement Officer, or President and CEO.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional experience with donor relations and gift management
- Technology literate (especially with Word processing, spreadsheet programs, and donor databases) and comfortable with web-based research and online applications
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work timely and accurately
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network
This position is based at the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago, IL.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Bobbi Hannigan at email@example.com.
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.