Join our team!
Director of Corporate Work Study
About the Cristo Rey Network
The Cristo Rey Network is the largest network of high schools in the country enrolling only low-income youth. Comprised of 38 Catholic, college preparatory schools serving more than 12,300 students across 24 states, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a distinctive approach to inner-city education to equip students with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives. From freshman year, Cristo Rey schools establish a culture of high expectations by blending rigorous academics, four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program, Catholic educational values, and support for students to and through college. The impact is clear: Cristo Rey graduates enroll and graduate from college at twice the rate of their low-income high school graduates.
The Cristo Rey Network seeks a Director of Corporate Work Study who will provide leadership and support for our national Corporate Work Study Program. The Director of Corporate Work Study is responsible for supporting the professional development for 40+ Corporate Work Study Directors and 125+ Corporate Work Study Coordinators across the country, refinement and implementation of our workforce training curriculum, and support for school and national relationships with corporate clients. This individual will report to the Vice President, Corporate Work Study.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the success of our 40+ Corporate Work Study Directors and 125+ Corporate Work Study Coordinators
- Develop and oversee a relevant professional development program for Corporate Work Study leaders across the Network
- Provide customized support to school leaders in development of strong program operations, student development, and impact
- Facilitate collaboration among school leaders and schools to scale effective practices
- Guide the effective use of technical solutions (e.g. Salesforce) to produce desired outcomes
- Support school efforts to attract and retain corporate clients
- Support development and dissemination of of effective practices in remote and hybrid student work models
- Research, solicit and develop relationships with national, multi-city corporate clients
- Refine and implement our four-year workforce training curriculum
- Develop our network-wide understanding of the necessary technical and human skills that students need to succeed, refining the curriculum as needed
- Ensure effective school implementation of our workforce training curriculum and assessments
- Come to Serve
- Every member of the Network national office team exists to serve the staff and students at our schools consistent with the mission of the Cristo Rey Network. The Director of Corporate Work Study is responsible for displaying and promoting best-in-class service.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Alignment with the Cristo Rey mission
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management skills, including a previous track record of leading others to be successful
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to travel to Cristo Rey Network schools and Cristo Rey Network meetings on a regular basis
This position is based at the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago, IL.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Bobbi Hannigan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.