Events and Programs Manager
About the Cristo Rey Network
The Cristo Rey Network is the largest network of high schools in the country enrolling only low-income youth. Comprised of 38 Catholic, college preparatory schools serving more than 12,300 students across 24 states, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a distinctive approach to inner-city education to equip students with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives. From freshman year, Cristo Rey schools establish a culture of high expectations by blending rigorous academics, four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program, Catholic educational values, and support for students to and through college. The impact is clear: Cristo Rey graduates enroll and graduate from college at twice the rate of their low-income high school graduates.
The Events & Programs Manager will serve in a variety of capacities to support and enhance professional development programs, school visits, and special projects of the Cristo Rey Network national office. This is a critical support position that will require the ability to work closely and seamlessly with all members of the national office staff.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all logistics for virtual and in-person events for our team, including:
- Communication, registration, and participant management
- Planning, agenda support, and logistics for conferences and meetings
- Vendor contracting and coordination for meeting services (e.g. food and beverage, A/V, accommodations, ground transportation)
- On-site support for events and meetings at our office and off-site (e.g. room assignments, materials and supplies preparation, check-in)
- Zoom meeting logistics, breakout rooms, and troubleshooting
- Support logistics, scheduling, and documentation for the Mission Effectiveness Review (school assessment visit) program, including:
- Maintaining timelines for calendar of school visits and necessary pre-work, including follow-up with school leaders, scheduling check-in calls, and reviewing submitted documentation
- Arranging logistics for school visits, including accommodations, meals, on-site meeting schedules
- Manage evaluation surveys of all conferences and review visits, guiding our team’s review of feedback and supporting adaptation of programs as necessary
- Work with school teams and national office staff to maintain our calendar of professional development events and directory of school contacts
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in project or meetings management; nonprofit experience preferred
- Commitment to work between 8:30 and 5:00 pm five days per week, sometimes earlier or later as dictated by morning meetings, etc., and availability for occasional travel to events
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and with individuals across all organizational levels
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
- Must be adaptable and able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time
This position is based at the Cristo Rey Network national office in downtown Chicago, IL.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Bobbi Hannigan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.