Cristo Rey Orange County High School announces presidential search for January 2022.
Cristo Rey Network is expanding to Orange County! Cristo Rey Orange County High School will be located in Santa Ana and is currently working closely with the leaders at Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church and the Diocese of Orange. As we help launch the 39th Cristo Rey school, we are looking for a leader who will take on this monumental responsibility to make a substantial impact, not only in the community but on each and every student.
PRESIDENT – CRISTO REY ORANGE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
Who We Are
Cristo Rey Orange County High School will be located in Santa Ana, CA, and will be part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Member schools use a rigorous academic model, supported by best practices in instruction and assessment, to prepare students with a broad range of intellectual abilities for college and life. Further, CRN schools employ an innovative Corporate Work Study Program that provides students with real world work experiences. In this highly unique model, every CRN student works an average of five days a month to fund the majority of her or his schooling, gain job experience, grow in self-confidence, and realize the relevance of this education. Students work in various corporate and business settings including law firms, banks, hospitals, universities, and with other professional organizations.
The school will open its doors to its inaugural freshmen class in the fall of 2023. Like all Cristo Rey schools, it will be a Catholic, college preparatory high school for students of all faiths from families of limited financial means. The school will be co-educational and will serve students of diverse backgrounds. We will help our students grow intellectually, academically, emotionally, spiritually, socially, and morally. Our aspiration is that all our students graduate from high school and college and become the future leaders in our churches, institutions, businesses, nonprofits, and the community at large.
Who We Seek
We intend to recruit a skilled leader who is passionate about the Cristo Rey mission. The President will be the chief executive officer, having overall responsibility for the management of Cristo Rey Orange County High School. The President will lead the school in development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of an exceptional program that supports and promotes the school's mission and values with special emphasis on the Corporate Work Study Program and the religious and spiritual orientation of the school. The President must be Catholic.
- Awareness of and commitment to the Catholic traditions of education, service and social justice, the credibility to lead and represent a Catholic organization with integrity, and facility for working well with diverse Catholic church leaders, lay and clerical.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the philanthropic, corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors.
- Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success, preferably in the non-profit sector and with foundations.
- Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs but driving toward longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders.
- The executive presence to inspire organizational and professional confidence, passion and persistence in an ambitious, fast-paced, and results-oriented period of growth, all while maintaining a positive work environment.
- The maturity and wisdom required to optimize Board members' engagement in the mission.
- Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Preferably, previous experience in the education sector and/or the sensibilities and perspective necessary to validate her/his leadership in a school.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including evidence of enhancing an organization's financial strength and sustainability.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- A Bachelor's degree and, preferably, a graduate degree.
The President reports to the Board. This summary does not describe all job duties; a full job description is available upon request. This position will start in January of 2022.
If you have the requested background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply. Please e-mail your resumé and cover letter to Kyle Pietrantonio at email@example.com. In addition, include a statement of your educational beliefs and your vision for Cristo Rey Orange County High School.